Saturday, March 9, 2013

Cut it up

"I'm not depressed or anything, but I totally cut the other day. It was a weird impulse. And it's not like I was upset or something. I was singing to music and eating popcorn."

I guess most people would think that's really messed up.

But sometimes when you think about what it means to be alive. And I mean really think about it. . When the idea of your own mortality is held in the shallows of your subconscious instead of tucked away like a repressed memory, then life can start to seem strange and silly. And you see the futility in the way people busy themselves, trying so hard to distract themselves from death. And you become aware of how amazing and strange it is that every thought and dream you've ever had is somehow trapped inside these layers of skin and cells, and you realize you can end them with the slice of a blade. Your body is you, and that's amazing, and sometimes you just gotta cut that shit open and watch the blood flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment